Wednesday, December 21, 2011

From Bare To Beautiful Banister For Barely Any Bread.




I thought I had completed my holiday decorating until I realized that my stair banister was suffering from a bad case of  Bland Bareitis. How could such a marvelous place to wrap, wind, twist and intertwine fabric, ribbon, and garland green escape me!? I should be sued for decorating malpractice (shhhh). Anyway, I put down prune danish (prunes are high in fiber!), and picked up my pruning shears (high in evergreen cutting ability), and got to twisting. First I wound the dark wood with white poly, curtain sheer fabric (same as on my holiday balcony) I picked up a huge bolt of in a thrift store for $4, then added the beautiful cranberry red, thick, pleated, Jacquard, upholstery fabric (picked up 15+ yards at estate sale for only $20!), next to NOT over the white fabric, next came the gold lame', wired ribbon (reused for several years), this time on top of the red fabric pretty tightly as to hold the evergreen branches (FREE, snagged them from huge pine tree demo across the street, sad), which is the last step!
'

No comments:

Post a Comment