Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hide The Naugahyde.

So, my teal Naygahyde, bus stop (don't get TOO comfortable), sofa (see profile pic), is cool for spring and summer but needed a warmer fell for the chillier months, what should I do Doc Dodson?

Want warmth?, go with the fabric of Kings and Queens!, velvet. Luckily I had just acquired another (the first three are on my windows, see old post), large, sun faded, naturally ombred panel from my Decor Raider buddy Karen Miller, so with a ingenuity and hootzpah I turned it into a slipcover.

1. have or buy a Naugahyde sofa, they accept and unaccept tape very well.
2. Tape fabric to sofa in places that dont show, fold, nip, and tuck the rest.
3. sit, enjoy, the warm fuzzy goodness. If it comes untucked, re-tuck!
4. Pour wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment